Who doesn't love burning candles? They are calming and relaxing, but non-beeswax candles can be detrimental to your health - this is because when burning, they release paraffin as a by-product.
Beeswax is the only wax that occurs in nature, so there are no processing chemicals in these candles!
When burning, beeswax candles release negative ions which clean the air by combatting dust, odors, moulds and viruses. This has the added benefit of elevating people's moods!
In order to have your BeeEducated beeswax candle burn for the longest time possible, please follow these simple candle care steps:
- Trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch.
- Make sure the first time you burn your candles it is for an hour or more, to avoid "tunneling".
- The larger candles are still prone to tunneling so when the candle is burning push the outer wax towards the wick.
- To extinguish the candle its best not to blow it out - use a snuffer or dip the wick in the melted wax.